Salem Chapter NW Steelheaders—News Notice 11 October 2021
We hope you are staying safe, well and catching fish.
The chapter. At the board meetings, we are planning to hold a general meeting on 19 October 2021. If you have any ideas, suggestions, or comments, please let us know. This is your chapter and we need help and input from the members.
October General Meeting: Our next general meeting will be on 19 October 2021 at the Keizer City Hall. Hopefully, we will not have more “COVID” restrictions from the State of Oregon.
1. We ask anyone attending who is not vaccinated to PLEASE wear a mask. From the Oregon Health Authority: On Aug. 24, Governor Kate Brown announced a new rule that will require people in Oregon to mask in most public outdoor settings — regardless of vaccination status — where physical distancing is not possible. The rule will go into effect Friday, Aug. 27. Masks, face coverings or face shields are required in all indoor spaces.
2. We will provide several types of pizza, salad, soft drinks, paper plates, and table settings.
3. Each attendee will receive a free ticket for one of the five  prizes that will be given away in a drawing.
4. We will need to ask for members to respond with an “RSVP” to get a count we can expect and have enough for everyone to eat, at [email protected], or 503-507-1424 please leave a message, or online at our facebook and at our web page: https://salemnwsteelheaders.corg/ It is time for chapter members to step up and give this chapter some new direction and motivation. We are asking for some volunteers to step forward and fill the offices. Please contact President Rod Ratzlaff at [email protected] or myself at [email protected], thank you.
There will be no charge to the members, we are using this event to have folks reinstate their membership at the current rate of $30.00 a year. “Past due” payments will not have to be made up.
5. We are scheduled to have two representatives from Berkley fishing gear. Part of their presentation is they will bring a machine that will test your knot tying capabilities while others watch to see how your knot did.
6. Part of the program will be:
a. Find a new President, and a new Secretary. The current office holders will not continue in office after December 2021.
b. Continuing the chapter if new officers are not found.
c. Activities for the year 2022.
Chapter Membership: At one time our chapter had over 60 paid up memberships. The June-July 2021 report show that we have 19 paid members, 22 members are past due in 2021 and 19 past due in 2020.
The Chapter Board has decided “The future of this chapter is in question.
In support of the NWSH Association, and to continue the chapter and chapter activities, by the first of next year 2022 we need members to:
Bring their dues of $30.00 a year up to date, Past due” payments will not have to be made up “]
Step up and take the offices of the President, Vice-president, Secretary and board members, and bring in new members.
If the goals are not met the Salem Chapter may dissolve in accordance with Chapter and Assn. By-Laws at the end of this year. Your membership in the Association will be moved to “Member At Large” unless you specify otherwise and select a chapter.”
The NWSH Assn. Is organizing a “Save Salmon Derby” on August 27-28. They are requesting the chapters to organize a three-person teams to fish and members who volunteers. Please let the Assn. know if you can volunteer for our event. The Dinner is Friday prior to the Derby on Saturday – fishing the Columbia and Willamette Rivers. More information to come. There will be some nice prizes awarded at the dinner. One trip for two persons, 1 day trip in Homer, AK., with DK charters. $500.00 value. The NWSH Assn. has additional information on the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com › salemnwsteelheaders and web page:www.Northwesteelheaders.org.
Membership Reports: The Association has lost an employee who was processing membership tasks. To update and maintain an almost accurate listing of our chapter membership and send renewal notices, we are asking that you send your renewal to our chapter treasurer at: N.W. Steelheaders, Salem, P.O. Box 3314, Salem, OR 97302.
Make checks and money orders payable to: Association of Northwest Steelheaders.
The chapter treasurer will record your payment and forward the check to the association as required by the Association Bylaws. If you pay by automated deduction from your bank account or wish to pay directly to the Association do not change it, we will find out you have paid, eventually. Annual membership is $30.00. If you are past due you do not have to make up for past due. The Assn. does have several payment plans. Do you have a better Idea? Please let us know.
It is time for chapter members to step up and give this chapter some new direction and motivation. We are asking for some volunteers to step forward and fill the offices. Please contact President Rod Ratzlaff at [email protected] or myself at [email protected], thank you
Bob Johnston, Chapter Secretary